Elizabeth Lai, Mercer University College of Pharmacy 2016
Read more to find out which immunization facts made our list.
- A child dies from pneumonia every 20 seconds.
- In 2010, approximately 50,000 patients died and 1.1 million were hospitalized from pneumonia.
- At least 6 vaccines target causes of pneumonia.
- Immunizations prevent 2-3 million deaths per year.
- Polio cases have declined by more than 99% since 1988.
- Approximately 5 million children in developing countries die each year from vaccine preventable diseases.
- Global measles deaths declined by 74% from 2000 to 2007.